Thursday, October 25, 2012

ranting

I've been thinking about a storyline for quite some time now.

I've mostly been working on the development of this idea--the world, the characters, their design, that kind of thing. This idea is fairly important to me because it's the first time I've consciously centered a story around an actual theme or idea. Usually when it comes to story ideas I draw out stuff, and if something stands out as particularly interesting I develop a story around it, drawing my own conclusions about what themes it will lean towards as time goes on.

For this story--still unnamed--I was inspired by Carl Jung's theories on the two sides of the brain, and how they have affected human civilization and culture throughout the years. This story is about two very different cultures interacting in an increasingly dangerous environment. I'm going to post some of my earlier sketches soon.

stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment